Saturday, September 6, 2008

Best Banana Bread

I was at the grocery store in our small town of around 800 people, when checking out they had over ripe banana's at the checkout with a sign that said Free, take some. Only in a small town would you find this. I imediately thought Banana Bread, so I picked some up and went home to make this delicious bread. Once made I sliced some and took it back to the people at the store for their afternoon coffee break. Just a little Thank You for the free bananas. I thought maybe some of you would like this recipe as well as my family does.

Best Banana Bread
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs(well beaten)
3 Bananas (mashed)
2 cups Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Soda
2 T. warm Water
1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
Mix first 4 ingredients, beat to cream together. Add soda and salt to flour and blend with creamed mixture. Add nuts, pour into prepared loaf pans (I use spray oil and then dust them with flour.) Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments: